QuickBooks™ Point Of Sale: Error 100 database server not found 08w01
When trying to open Point of Sale the following error is returned:
Error 100 database server not found “08w01”.
Why this is happening
The computer may be low on system resources, or the Point of Sale Database Manager may not be running.
How to fix it
- 1) Click OK to the error and restart the computer. Try opening Point of Sale again.
- 2) If the error persists:
3) In the Open field, enter services.msc and then click OK.
4) Right-click QuickBooks™ Point of Sale Database Manager vXX and select Start. If Start is unavailable, select Restart.
- 1) Windows 7 of Vista: Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run.
- 2) Windows XP: Choose Start and select Run.
Note: XX should be the highest number version you see.