QuickBooks™ Point Of Sale: Copy and Correct a Reversed Receipt
This procedure typically follows reversing a saved receipt. Copying and correcting a reversed receipt allows you to adopt the parts of the original receipt that you want to keep, and edit the parts that were inaccurate, to make a new, correct receipt.
To copy and correct a receipt:
- 1) Reverse the original receipt (select the link above if you need instructions).
- 2) Highlight or display the original receipt in your sales history again (status of Reversed).
- 3) Select I want to –> Copy Receipt.
- 4) A new receipt is created with the same information as the original, except payment information.
- 5) Make any necessary changes to correct the information on the new receipt.
- 6) Process payments for the receipt as usual.
- Typically, you would record payment/change by the same methods as the original.
- 7) Select Save & Print.