QuickBooks™ Point of Sale: Error – 193, Primary key for dept keywords is not unique
When attempting to send a mailbag from Headquarters to a remote store, or attempting to receive a mailbag at the remote store, you see the following error:
Error – 193 Primary key for dept keywords is not unique.
Why this is happening
- There are duplicate department names or codes
- Customer names have been deleted or merged
- Damaged .qbt files
How to fix it
Solution 1: Update all Point of Sale workstations to the latest release
- From Point of Sale, click Help > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- Retry store exchange.
Solution 2: Delete the list containing the error
Note:Send a mailbag to Headquarters and then receive it.
- Choose Customers > Customer List.
- Click one customer name at a time. Select Delete until the list is empty.
Note:Do not be alarmed; the main customer records are contained at Headquarters and will be resent.
If you have too many customers to click one a time:
- Version 10 and 12: Click the first customer in the list, press the Shift key, and then click the last customer in the list.
- Version 9: Press the CTRL + A keys to highlight all.
- Choose File > Utilities > Resend files.
- Click Resend.
- Receive the resend mailbag at the remote store.
Note:By checking the store exchange activity log, you can easily identify which data provides the error.
Solution 3: Delete all .qbt files from both Headquarters and Remote Stores and create a new remote file
Delete all .qbt files
- Go to: C:/Program Data / Intuit /QuickBooks™ Point of Sale x.x / STex
- Check each folder and delete all .qbt files found.
Create a new Remote File
- Search for files using the file name *.qbt.
- Right-click any *.qbt files found, choose Delete and confirm the deletion.
- Close the Search Results screen and empty the Recycle Bin.
- Go to File > Company Operations > Create a new Company.
- Enter the Company Name, choose Remote Store number and type the store number.
- Resend the mailbag from the Headquarters to the Remote Store.