QuickBooks™ Point of Sale: Error 121 Permission denied
When signing in to Point of Sale as a user other than Sysadmin, you see the error: “Error 121 Permission denied, you do not have permission to select from timeouts”
How to fix it
Delete all contents of the Entitlement Client folder and remove WSActivity.xml file
Before performing the following steps, ensure all Point of Sale processes and services are not running.
End all Point of Sale processes and services
- Open Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- Find and end the following processes:
- Close the Task Manager.
- Press Window + R, the Search window appears.
- Enter services.msc
- In the Services window, search for QuickBooks™ Point of Sale Database Manager vXX
- Stop the service.
- Close the services window.
Delete Necessary Files
- 1)Display hidden Windows folders
- Windows 8.1 and 8
- Click Windows Start button, select Control Panel. Click Appearance and Personalization and choose Folder Options.
- Click the View tab.
- Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- Click OK.
- Windows 7 and Vista
- Right-click the Windows Start button and choose Open Windows Explorer.
- Click Organize and choose Folder and Search Options.
- Click the View tab, selectShow hidden files and folders, and then clear the checkbox forHide protected operating files.
- Click Yes on the warning and click OK.
- Windows XP
- Choose Tools and select Folder Options.
- Click the View tab and clear the Hide externsions for known file types checkbox.
- Select Show hidden files and folders and clear Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
- Click OK.
- 2)Go to the following location according to your Operating System:
- Windows 8 and 8.1: C:\ Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.0
- Windows 7 and Vista: C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.0
- Windows XP: C:\DocumentsandSettings\AllUsers\ApplicationData\Intuit\EntitlementClient\v8.0
- 3)From the keyboard, press CTRL+A to select all files in the folder.
- 4)Right click and select Delete.
- 5)Go back to the following location: C:\ Program Data\Intuit\ QuickBooks™ Point of Sale XX.0.
- 6)Open the INI folder and delete the WSActivity file.
- 7)Open Point of Sale again and download and install any updates.
- 8)Complete the registration process.