QuickBooks™ Point of Sale is not transferring data into QuickBooks™ Automatically
Problem: QuickBooks™ Point of Sale always comes up with the following screen when I do theEnd of Day:
This is frustrating, why doesn’t the Point of Sale transfer data into QuickBooks™ Financial automatically like it’s supposed to?
Solution: Here is something that you will want to do when setting up QuickBooks™ Point of Sale to integration with QuickBooks™ Financial.
Notes:doing this will not effect your end of day reporting! In fact, you can do it all day long if you don’t have better things to do.
- 1) While logged into QuickBooks™ Financial as the Admin, set up another user called “POS” or something short, but similar. You will need to be logged in “Single User” mode to perform the later steps, so you may want to do that now as well. (File/Switch to Single User Mode).
- 1) Go to the company menu and select, “Users/Setup users and roles”.
- 2) In the form, click on, “New…” and enter “POS” as User Name.
- 3) Enter a password, < whatever you want>. Don’t worry about writing it down or anything, the Point of Sale will log into QuickBooks™ ’s without using that password, however it will use the “POS” username. (Bonus: This also is nice because you will see any transaction that the Point of Sale does enter into QuickBooks™ Point of Sale will be flagged by the “POS” user identity.)
- 4) Assign the Role of “Full Access”. (This user is only used by the Point of Sale software during financial exchange; the password will prevent other users from access.)
- 2) While in single user mode in QuickBooks™ Financial, go to the Edit menu and click on, “Preferences”.
- 3) Select, “Integrated Applications” and change the login to the “POS” user that was set up in step 1.
- 4) Click, “OK”.
- 5) While still logged into QuickBooks™ Financial, go to the QuickBooks™ Point of Sale software and in the “Financial” menu, click on, “Update QuickBooks™“.
- 6) Now, exit the QuickBooks™ Financial software and repeat step 5 again.
- 7) Your QuickBooks™ Point of Sale data should now transfer to QuickBooks financial without first opening QuickBooks™ Financial. If not, you most likely still need to set your security to allow the Point of Sale to access the folder your QuickBooks™ Financial data resides in using the following steps:
- 1) Find and write down the path that your QuickBooks™ Financial data is located in.
- 2) Right-click on the immediate folder that your data is in and click on “Properties”. Then select the “Security” tab and add the following applications: QBDataServiceUserXX where “XX” depends upon the version of QuickBooks™ you are connecting to. You should also add,“QBPOSDBSrvUser” to make sure that the Point of Sale has access to the folder as well.
- 1) To add new user names to the security tab once you have opened the property dialog, you simply click on, “Edit” in the middle of the form.
- 2) Click on “Add…” button in middle of form.
- 3) Either type in the names above and click on “Check Names” or click on “Advanced…” tab on lower left and then click on the “Find” button. This will provide a list of names to choose from. Go to the ones that look the same as those listed in “B” above and click on the box that allows, “Full Access“.
- 4)Click on “OK”, “OK”, and “OK” to close all three forms. You should now be allowing the Point of Sales software access to the QuickBooks™ financial data file.
- 8) If you still cannot perform a financial exchange, please follow the steps here to open the correct ports to your firewall. I have found that the anti-virus program you need with QuickBooks™/QuickBooks™ Point Of Sale is AVG from Grissoft. It doesn’t interfere with anything in QuickBooks™/QuickBooks™ Point Of Sale. If you are interested in purchasing this, please follow this link and we will order it for you promptly. Also, you may call our support line (888) 255-9878 or simply add a support ticket from this location.